Quick Links

Cheylin USD 103

FRONT PAGE

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

Jayden Boyson

Senior Spotlight

Story image 1_0
5eab017a4f0c1

Jayden is the son of Nick and Heather Boyson. He has a younger brother, Jackson, who is in eighth grade. Jayden is a senior this year at Cheylin and is planning to go to North Central Kansas Technical College. 

He wants to go to school to become a carpenter because from a young age he’s enjoyed being able to build and create things. “I was really into Lincoln Logs and Legos when I was younger.  When I took a wood shop class in 9th grade is when I really started to like it. I’ve taken a wood shop class every year and I’ve built two benches, a shotgun, a cane and I’ve replaced a window and put down flooring in that class.” 

Jayden described his senior year with three words as “long, unexpected, and stressful”. He describes senioritis as “The thought of being able to tell your teachers “Nah I don’t feel like it.” The advice that Jayden would give the underclassmen is “To pay attention to your hard classes. If I  could create one mandatory course for future seniors it would be a whole hour for a study hall.” His favorite excuse that he has given when he did not have his homework done is “I don’t have any glue or scissors at home.” 

Jayden said Miss Hnizdil is his favorite teacher because she has taught him to be more creative and to think more broadly. I love to draw. I draw a lot of pictures from the internet.” 

Mr. Keltz has given Jayden the best advice. He doesn’t remember exactly what Mr. Keltz said but he remembers that it was inspirational.

"I w​​​ill always remember when I went on the stock show trip as a junior and at the hotel there were about fifteen of us in a tiny hot tub. I will also remember during Senior year when I put Kaylynn in a headlock while we were in English class.” 

When asked if Jayden is read to leave home and go to college he saidYes, it will be weird to not have someone to tell me to take out the trash. But also no, because I have been so busy with my senior year that I’ve hardly spent time at home.” Jayden’s graduating class has five students and when asked what he thought his teachers and classmates would remember him by, he responded: “probably for always having my headphones in.”  

The Family Educational Right and Privacy Act of 1974 The Act Requires the Board of Education of school districts to notify legal guardians of students and students who are 18 years of age that the information listed below will be released without prior consent unless the superintendent of schools is notified in writing that this information should not become public record. The information involved will include (1) name, address and telephone number, (2) date and place of birth (3) participation in school activities, (4) date of attendance, (5) most recent previous educational agency attended, (6) diplomas and awards received, (7) honors received, (8) standard of excellence achievements, (9) student publications and yearbook information and (10) athletic roster information.

Notice of Nondiscrimination In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, (P.L. 88-352), Unified School District #103 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national origin, in employment or in the operation of any program or activity of the school district. In compliance with Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments, Unified School District #103 does not discriminate on the basis of sex in employment or in the operation of any program or activity of the school district. In compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (P.L. 95-602), Unified School District #103 does not discriminate on the basis of handicapped conditions in employment or in the operation of any program or activity of the school district. Superintendent of Schools, Steve Raymer, is designated as the person responsible for compliance with these laws. Any questions should be directed to him at his office at 605 Bird Avenue, Bird City, KS 67731. His telephone number is 785/734-2341. Any person who is unable to resolve a problem or grievance arising under Title VI, Title IX, the Age Discrimination Act, Section 504, or Title II of the ADA, may contact the Office for Civil Rights, Region VII, 8930 Ward Parkway, Suite 2037, Kansas City, MO 64114; phone (818)268-0550.