Quick Links

Cheylin USD 103

FRONT PAGE

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

Kaylynn Hendricks

Senior Spotlight

Story image 1_0
5eb2bd3ddfab1

Senior, Kaylynn Hendricks will be attending Kansas State University after graduation from Cheylin High School. Kaylynn plans to major in secondary education, specifally biological sciences. "I have always wanted to help people and I love science, so teaching high school kids and preparing them for the future seemed like a good fit for me" said Kaylynn. She has wanted to attend K-State since she was a little girl. Kaylynn's family has many ties to K-State as several of her family members have attended school there. Her uncle, Dr. Nathan Hendricks, is an Associate Professor in the Agricultural Economics department at the university. She is familiar with the college and she loves the atmosphere of Manhattan. 

Kaylynn states that she would love to return to Bird City or somewhere in northwest Kansas and work with the people that helped shape who she is today. She would like to build a family in such a supportive community where she knows they could do well. She is very proud to have grown up in the community of Bird City. She enjoys the small town feel of being close to everyone.

Kaylynn was voted "Most Involved" be her classmates. This title fits her very well as she holds many offices in organizations in school and outside of school. Kaylynn is the Student Government President, FFA President, vice-president of National Honor Society, GoGetter 4-H Club President, just to mention a few. She also participates in volleyball, basketball, and track. Kaylynn will always remember the locker room jam sessions with her teammates. 

Kaylynn gives some advice to younger students: "If you have the opportunity to take dual/college credit classes, do it!" She says her senior year has been busy, exciting, and stressful. She keeps very busy doing homework, applying for scholarships, preparing for college, and fitting her social life into the equation as well.

Kaylynn is grateful for the support from her family, teachers, and the community throughout her schooling at Cheylin and as she prepares for the future. 

Kaylynn is the daughter of David and Amy Hendricks. She has younger brothers Matthew, 8th grade, and Landon, 5th grade. 

The Family Educational Right and Privacy Act of 1974 The Act Requires the Board of Education of school districts to notify legal guardians of students and students who are 18 years of age that the information listed below will be released without prior consent unless the superintendent of schools is notified in writing that this information should not become public record. The information involved will include (1) name, address and telephone number, (2) date and place of birth (3) participation in school activities, (4) date of attendance, (5) most recent previous educational agency attended, (6) diplomas and awards received, (7) honors received, (8) standard of excellence achievements, (9) student publications and yearbook information and (10) athletic roster information.

Notice of Nondiscrimination In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, (P.L. 88-352), Unified School District #103 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national origin, in employment or in the operation of any program or activity of the school district. In compliance with Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments, Unified School District #103 does not discriminate on the basis of sex in employment or in the operation of any program or activity of the school district. In compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (P.L. 95-602), Unified School District #103 does not discriminate on the basis of handicapped conditions in employment or in the operation of any program or activity of the school district. Superintendent of Schools, Steve Raymer, is designated as the person responsible for compliance with these laws. Any questions should be directed to him at his office at 605 Bird Avenue, Bird City, KS 67731. His telephone number is 785/734-2341. Any person who is unable to resolve a problem or grievance arising under Title VI, Title IX, the Age Discrimination Act, Section 504, or Title II of the ADA, may contact the Office for Civil Rights, Region VII, 8930 Ward Parkway, Suite 2037, Kansas City, MO 64114; phone (818)268-0550.