Quick Links

Cheylin USD 103

FRONT PAGE

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

USD 103 Re-Opening Plan for Parents

CHEYLIN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 103

“Home of the Cougars”

Cheylin Elementary                               Sherri L Edmundson, Superintendent                         Cheylin Secondary

121 E. 6th St., P.O. Box 28                                            Suzann Bouray, Principal                                      605 Bird Ave., P.O. Box 28

Bird City, KS  67731                            605 Bird Ave., P.O. Box 28, Bird City, KS  67731                               Bird City, KS  67731    

(785) 734-2351                                                                  (785) 734-2341                                                                        (785) 734-2341

USD 103 Re-Opening Plan for Parents

As the new superintendent for USD 103 Cheylin, I am pleased to share our Re-opening Plan with you.  These plans are very similar to those plans used when we ended the 2020-2021 school year.  The main difference is the federal mandate that all passengers in school vehicles must wear masks at all times inside the vehicles.  Although COVID has presented many challenges the past few years, and we are seeing new challenges with the Delta variant, USD 103 remains committed to meeting your child’s educational needs with the best of our abilities.  We are also committed to keeping your child as safe as possible while at school and at school events.

At this time, the administration and board have approved the plan that is linked below and is on the district’s web page, which we believe is a good plan to meet the needs as we know them currently.  We may need to adapt this plan as we maneuver through the upcoming school year, but when we do, you will be notified through ParentSquare.  Please be patient and understanding as we continue to find the right balance for our students, staff, parents and community.

We are excited for the start of another great school year at Cheylin!  Please contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Sherri L. Edmundson

Superintendent of Schools

Cheylin USD 103

The Family Educational Right and Privacy Act of 1974 The Act Requires the Board of Education of school districts to notify legal guardians of students and students who are 18 years of age that the information listed below will be released without prior consent unless the superintendent of schools is notified in writing that this information should not become public record. The information involved will include (1) name, address and telephone number, (2) date and place of birth (3) participation in school activities, (4) date of attendance, (5) most recent previous educational agency attended, (6) diplomas and awards received, (7) honors received, (8) standard of excellence achievements, (9) student publications and yearbook information and (10) athletic roster information.

Notice of Nondiscrimination In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, (P.L. 88-352), Unified School District #103 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national origin, in employment or in the operation of any program or activity of the school district. In compliance with Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments, Unified School District #103 does not discriminate on the basis of sex in employment or in the operation of any program or activity of the school district. In compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (P.L. 95-602), Unified School District #103 does not discriminate on the basis of handicapped conditions in employment or in the operation of any program or activity of the school district. Superintendent of Schools, Steve Raymer, is designated as the person responsible for compliance with these laws. Any questions should be directed to him at his office at 605 Bird Avenue, Bird City, KS 67731. His telephone number is 785/734-2341. Any person who is unable to resolve a problem or grievance arising under Title VI, Title IX, the Age Discrimination Act, Section 504, or Title II of the ADA, may contact the Office for Civil Rights, Region VII, 8930 Ward Parkway, Suite 2037, Kansas City, MO 64114; phone (818)268-0550.