Quick Links

Cheylin USD 103

FRONT PAGE

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

USD 103 Re-Opening Plan for Parents

Message from the USD 103 Superintendent to Staff, Students, and Parents:

Dear USD 103 Cheylin Family,

My name is Dr. Brian Pekarek, and I am the new School Superintendent for Cheylin USD 103. 

I am pleased to share with you the 11-page plan (link below) that our teachers, board, and administration have worked on during July and August in order to keep our students, staff, and community safe as we start school for the fall semester.  These plans have taken many weeks to develop over the course of the last 2 months, and we have had many challenges, changes, and edits during this time from many stakeholders on all sides of the COVID-19 issue.  However, our main job is to educate your children to the best of our ability, and this is our main purpose in planning school and keeping your children safe.   

Therefore, at this time, the administration and school board are excited to share this plan with you as we believe that we have a good compromise between all sides of this complex issue. Although the plan is not perfect, and we may have to adapt this plan “as we go” through the semester (as changes develop), we would ask that the parents would “offer us grace” as we try to meet the needs of students, staff, parents, and community so that we can safely bring our children back to school for the fall semester.

We are very excited to start the school year with the students and staff!

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
Dr. Brian Pekarek
Cheylin Superintendent of Schools

Click here to view the re-opening plan. 

Click here to view the re-opening plan in Spanish

The Family Educational Right and Privacy Act of 1974 The Act Requires the Board of Education of school districts to notify legal guardians of students and students who are 18 years of age that the information listed below will be released without prior consent unless the superintendent of schools is notified in writing that this information should not become public record. The information involved will include (1) name, address and telephone number, (2) date and place of birth (3) participation in school activities, (4) date of attendance, (5) most recent previous educational agency attended, (6) diplomas and awards received, (7) honors received, (8) standard of excellence achievements, (9) student publications and yearbook information and (10) athletic roster information.

Notice of Nondiscrimination In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, (P.L. 88-352), Unified School District #103 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national origin, in employment or in the operation of any program or activity of the school district. In compliance with Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments, Unified School District #103 does not discriminate on the basis of sex in employment or in the operation of any program or activity of the school district. In compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (P.L. 95-602), Unified School District #103 does not discriminate on the basis of handicapped conditions in employment or in the operation of any program or activity of the school district. Superintendent of Schools, Steve Raymer, is designated as the person responsible for compliance with these laws. Any questions should be directed to him at his office at 605 Bird Avenue, Bird City, KS 67731. His telephone number is 785/734-2341. Any person who is unable to resolve a problem or grievance arising under Title VI, Title IX, the Age Discrimination Act, Section 504, or Title II of the ADA, may contact the Office for Civil Rights, Region VII, 8930 Ward Parkway, Suite 2037, Kansas City, MO 64114; phone (818)268-0550.