Quick Links

Cheylin USD 103

FRONT PAGE

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

Entrepreneurship Fair Results

The 14th annual Youth Entrepreneurship Competition was held today at the SFCHS. Again, this year the YEC included the Cheylin and St. Francis students.

A total of 37 students participated by bringing their best business ideas to pitch at the competition. Students were judged on their executive summary, a four-minute formal presentation to a panel of judges and the tradeshow exhibit.

A huge congratulations to the following:
• Best Marketing Award ($150.00) sponsored by Nex-Generation – Memories (Alayna Carson)
• Small Town Big Idea Award ($150.00) sponsored by Nutrien Ag Solutions – High Plains Aquaculture (Landon Hendricks)
• The Perfect Pitch Award ($150.00) sponsored by FNB Bank, BankWest of Kansas and Western State Bank – Bee There Lawn Care (Gabrielle Pochop)
• Agri-Entrepreneurship Award ($150.00) sponsored by Pioneer Seed – The Magic Banana Deer Attractant (Hayden Ketzner)
• Best in Show Award ($150.00) sponsored by The Bank & Sunny Crest Farm – High Plains Aquaculture (Landon Hendricks)
• Judge’s Choice Award ($100.00) sponsored by Pathway Ag – Lilly’s Lip Care (Lilly Sabatka)
• Best Business Financials Award ($100.00) sponsored by Peoples State Bank – Schields Sports Apparel (Ashlyn Schields)
• Sustainable Business Award ($100.00) sponsored by Sunny Crest Farm – The Laurel (Andrea Graham)
• Emerging Business Award ($50.00) sponsored by Pioneer Seed – Sunflower Delight (Andrew Wright)

Congratulations to the overall winners:
• 5th Place $(150.00) The Dog House (Molly Gilliland)
• 4th Place ($250.00) Lilly’s Lip Care (Lilly Sabatka)
• 3rd Place ($350.00) High Plains Aquaculture (Landon Hendricks)
• 2nd Place ($450.00) The Magic Banana Deer Attractant (Hayden Ketzner)
• 1st Place ($550.00) Bee There Lawn Care (Gabrielle Pochop)

Thank you to the sponsors that made this event possible:
• NetWork Kansas
• Kansas Masonic Lodge
• Bird City Century II Development Foundation
• Cheyenne County Kansas Community Foundation
• Nex-Generation Round Up for Youth
• Nutrien Ag Solutions
• FNB Bank
• BankWest of Kansas
• Western State Bank
• The Bank
• Peoples State Bank
• Pathway Ag
• Pioneer Seed
• Sunny Crest Farm

We are so proud of all the kids who participated in this year’s Cheyenne County Youth Entrepreneurship Competition. YEC has been such a great experience for them to share and showcase their creativity and out of the box thinking to the other students, judges, and communities. We are looking forward to next year and watch these awesome kids bring their brilliant ideas!

The Family Educational Right and Privacy Act of 1974 The Act Requires the Board of Education of school districts to notify legal guardians of students and students who are 18 years of age that the information listed below will be released without prior consent unless the superintendent of schools is notified in writing that this information should not become public record. The information involved will include (1) name, address and telephone number, (2) date and place of birth (3) participation in school activities, (4) date of attendance, (5) most recent previous educational agency attended, (6) diplomas and awards received, (7) honors received, (8) standard of excellence achievements, (9) student publications and yearbook information and (10) athletic roster information.

Notice of Nondiscrimination In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, (P.L. 88-352), Unified School District #103 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national origin, in employment or in the operation of any program or activity of the school district. In compliance with Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments, Unified School District #103 does not discriminate on the basis of sex in employment or in the operation of any program or activity of the school district. In compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (P.L. 95-602), Unified School District #103 does not discriminate on the basis of handicapped conditions in employment or in the operation of any program or activity of the school district. Superintendent of Schools, Steve Raymer, is designated as the person responsible for compliance with these laws. Any questions should be directed to him at his office at 605 Bird Avenue, Bird City, KS 67731. His telephone number is 785/734-2341. Any person who is unable to resolve a problem or grievance arising under Title VI, Title IX, the Age Discrimination Act, Section 504, or Title II of the ADA, may contact the Office for Civil Rights, Region VII, 8930 Ward Parkway, Suite 2037, Kansas City, MO 64114; phone (818)268-0550.